Futura Natura Mobile
An update on the original 1970 Futura mobile, the Natura mobile features natural wood spheres on a stainless steel structure. The abstract form suggests six planets with their moons; the six bars create a dynamic tension between the light and heavy counterpoints.
- Mobiles are a traditional craft in Denmark. Christian Flensted and his wife Grethe's first design, the Stork mobile, was a great success, and now flies all over the world. Christian Flensted became known as the "Uromager", a name impossible to translate into English, which means a "maker of things mischievous and always on the move".
- Today, their son Ole and his wife Aase continue the tradition, with ideas for new and original mobiles issuing regularly from their "Department of Space Research".
- Flensted Mobiles are created so that the elements are in constant motion while the entire mobile maintains a harmonic balance.
Each mobile is carefully assembled, and balanced by skillful hands. They are packed so that they are ready to hang.
- Dimensions: 35 (w) x 75cm (h)
- Designed by Ole Flensted
- Natural coloured wood and stainless steel rods
- Handmade in Denmark
- No assembly required